Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Social experiment!

I know it's been awhile since the last time we talked... I guess nothing worthy enough happened in that time to really write about... well maybe worthy enough but too personal would be a better way to put it. Sometimes (only sometimes) I don't kiss and tell ;-).

With my good friend's wedding in sight (less than a month away) and single since lately my men/boy toy obsession has turned into tennis obsession(while my tennis coach obsesses about me), I found myself with no date to take to the wedding. All is great, don't really mind going to events on my own, its just that its a closed event and nowhere to run if it gets really bad. Plus do I really want to be the 29 year old that has been put at the kids table? Especially when the theme of the wedding is "somewhere over the rainbow"... encouraged to wear brightly colored outfit, I would just be another Cinderella in the room. And besides... you all know my feelings about kids... 10 foot pole needed for ANY interaction, well with the exception of my nephew Lucas.

I've asked couple of my guy friends whether they would come and surprisingly both were up for it! Problem (as I always seem to have one) one is not 100% reliable, and would probably cancel on me last minute, and the other one would get the wrong impression, friends isn't the same as fuck friends, well at least in my dictionary.

Needless to say persuaded by Curly I started this 'social experiment', where I placed a post on a website looking for a date for the wedding.

Requirements: tall, dark and handsome, gotta dance and have a suit! I guess conversation wouldn't be such a big issue with so much food, drinks (and more drinks), loud music etc...

The post have been up for about 12 hours now and all I will say right now is that I'm starting a new charity. A charity that aims to provide MIRRORS to all the single men out there, since most of them really need a reality check!! So please donate, and do so quickly, NYC men have to awaken asap!

It has been an amusing experience so far, had couple GREAT laughs from it, so I will keep you posted and will try to put some images together for you as well. Promise it will be fun, so stay tuned for more.

Well, I can't leave without a sneak peek.. ok
1. Theo - a cardiology resident at Presbyterian Hospital, 6'1'' cute and funny, originally Brazillian (def a possibility!)
2. Steve - italian, 5'8'' shaved head and brown eyes... 17 tattoos and 2 piercing (prince albert??)

Ok... I asked about a suit not tattoos... and last time I checked 5'8'' was TALL for a WOMAN!



2 comments:

  1. hahaha what a fantastic idea!!! yes. can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving this experiment and can't wait to find out if Theo is all he is cracked up to be!! I sense a series of blogs on this topic :)

    ReplyDelete