Thursday, March 4, 2010

Faux pas x2 aka wrong address.. underwear malfunction

Wednesday night=date night for me lately. Its perfect, not Monday, which tends to be loser dating night, and not Friday, which tends to be relationship night. I keep it right in the middle.

Faux pas number 1: I gave the guy the wrong address. I was so sure that I lived at 69-31 xxx Street, but ohhh no.. I just wanted to live there! The red light didn't start flashing when my iPhone couldn't find it, or they were telling me that such address doesn't exist when I was trying to update it on all my documents... oh no. It actually took another person telling me I'm delusional (well not really, he was nice enough not to say it out loud) for me to walk downstairs and check the number. Yes 61-39 it is. But the other one was sooo much cooler! Oui oui?Non non?

Faux pas 2: For this one you need a little background info.
For the past couple of months I've been a frequent visitor to Victoria's Secret. It really is a blessing and a curse having it right on the corner from where I work. Bum is happy but wallet is not ;-). Needless to say I've bought LOTS of new undies. And since I can't put them all on at the same time (bummer, since I like to layer things) I stuck them in the drawer waiting for a proper occasion ;-). Well I thought last night could have been that potential occasion, so after I got home I hopped in a shower, and put the new 'lacie' on.


The evening was going well, Jonesy (my vicious chihuahua) didn't even attempt to eat my date, big success there! And on the contrary really liked him and wanted to be buds from the get go.
A bottle of red wine, yummy dinner and great conversation and the night flew by. And like all responsible adults do, they finish a night at a reasonable hour on a school night (well I'm still learning how to do that... does that mean I'm not a responsible adult? or maybe not an adult?)

Tired and a bit tipsy from the wine, I took my clothes off just to notice that the underwear I was wearing still had the tag attached to it. FUCK! Really K? REALLY? I just hope it wasn't sticking out of my pants all night saying hello! I mean what would I say if he noticed? 'Oh you know I was just planning on returning them tomorrow?!' ... 'just trying them out.. I'm quite picky with underwear...' 'wanted to make sure you see the tag buddy, so you know what to buy me'???????

Right, knowing me I probably would say any of the above as I don't really get embarrassed, and as usual would have to turn this whole thing into a joke on myself.

Note to self, if planning on wearing new undies please make sure to take the damn tags off! Better yet, take them off as soon as you buy them! Or they will pop out of your jeans to say hello and embarrass you! And definitely learn your address before you give it out to anyone!

;-)


3 comments:

  1. Maybe WASHING them first would be even better! Hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best way to save your wallet is to buy, keep the tags and exchange for a newer style :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classic. You're like miss confident NY Chickie. This stuff doesn't happen to you. Are you losing your touch. Nah! Will chalk it up to a bad night. I wish my address was different too lol. Great story!

    ReplyDelete